Thursday, June 17, 2010

Days 2 and 3, Cathy's Car-Free Summer

Day 2: I walked to Fairhaven three times. Thank God I live in this neighborhood.

Day 3: Some observations:
1. There aren't enough public drinking fountains in Bellingham. The one at the public library is pretty good, though.

2. My parents live on Alabama Hill. Shit. Oh well, see you in September, Mom & Dad!

3. There is a pothole near 12th and Harris which, if you hit it, will flatten both your tires and break all of your labia.

4. N. Samish Way (IHOP, Boomer's, that one weird Chinese restaurant no one eats at) needs a) fewer assholes; b) a thorough resurfacing; and c) bike lanes, goddammit.

5. Come to think of it, bike lanes are needed in Bellingham in a shitload of places, most of which I risked my life on today: Iowa St., Alabama St., Harris Ave., 34th or 32nd or whatever one it is that gets you from REI to the liquor store.

As always,
screw you BP

1 comment:

  1. break ALL of your labia - I thought it was in the singular?!

    ReplyDelete